Sunday, June 6, 2010

Tigers Six Pack - 6/6/10


The Tigers won 4-2 tonight but it was way more stressful than it needed to be. First off, Verlander was awesome. He didn't try to strike everyone out as usual and didn't hit 100 pitches until the 8th inning; normally, he's at 100 by the 5th inning. Great job tonight JV!!
1. Alex Avila is wearing #13. If I need to repeat this, you're not a Tiger fan. No one should ever wear #13 unless their name is Lance. You are hitting .210 and the Tigers have lost the last seven games out of ten that you've caught. I think Alex has a chance to be a legitimate All Star one day but you should refrain from wearing a God's number until you hit more than three home runs in a season. It was different when I wore that number as a Trenton Angel as a 10-old because I led the Downriver Little League in 1986 (check the stats boyyy).


2. Why does this freaking Hochever own the Tigers? He won his first two starts against us, one with a shutout and another needing some runs. Today, he gives up one earned run in seven innings. For the record, this guy sucks when he's not playing us with a 4.72 ERA including games with the Tigers and well over 5 ERA against all other teams. Hey Hochever, I hate you and hope you quit.

3. Why does anyone pitch to Cabrera in close games? Seriously, are you mentally handicapped? In the 6th inning, Cabrera came up with two outs and Hochever actually threw him a strike. Seriously, did you think it would get past him? Cabby is so clutch this year that I am running out of superlatives to use. All I need to say is that's he's a legitimate contender for Triple Crown if some of his teammates start getting on base.

4. I hate you Billy Butler. You are an ass and kill Tigers pitching too often. Why don't you pick on someone your own size you fat ass. I feel better now.

5. Did anyone notice that Rusty Kuntz is the first base coaxh of the Royals? I'm sure he sucked but I can clearly remember Rusty's name during the 1984 season and had his 7-11 Slurpee card on my wall with the rest of that legendary team. Sad, that he's working for a crap organization now.

6. There were two clearly ignorant moves by coaches tonight. The first came with no outs in the fifth inning. With men on first and second, Leland let Inge swing away. Seriously? He's batting .237 and leading the team with 49 strikeouts. I can not think of a more clear situation to sacrifice bunt than at this moment. Of course, Leland passed and let him swing away which resulted in the first out of the inning with a strikeout. Great move Leland. The second silly move was pitching around Boesch to get to Guillen. OK, Boesch has been great in his rookie campaign and might smack one deep. But with the score tied, I will take my chance with a rookie than throwing a three-time All Star like Guillen a fast ball on the first pitch. He dropped that pitch against the wall, FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment